Google Classroom is free for schools and included with sign up for G Suite for Education. With Classroom, teachers and students can sign in from any computer or mobile device to access class assignments, course materials, and feedback.
An introduction to Google Classroom can be found here.
Features of Google CLassroom
- All uploaded resources/materials are automatically stored in a designated folder in Google Drive.
- It's completely paperless. Students can complete assignments directly through Classroom and can access missed work due to absences.
- Teaching and learning can be differentiated as teachers can assign lessons to the whole class, individual students or specific groups.
- Providing meaningful feedback to students is a valuable part of learning. Within the grading tool of Classroom, teachers can send personalised feedback to students.
- With a new built in Google Meet feature, teachers can now conduct live lessons directly from Classroom.